198 A

rileys

Hello.

just acquired a nice 198A Just ordering some parts could anyone tell me what fork seals are required.

also the mikuni carb is leaking but it is going into the air box taken a pc of the carb seems to be coming from the bottom is it a ball bearing ?
I have ordered a new air hose as the one on is split . Any help would be appreciated 

Greg. R 

4A5651D0-F507-4188-A421-45A80D00AC1B.jpeg

Standard Bultaco Fork Seals, will do the job, available from InMotion or any other purveyor of Bultaco parts.
I’m sorry but I don’t follow what’s wrong with your Carb, could you have a second go?

Hi there, from your picture the carb looks pretty mucky. Find a local dealer or firm who does ultrasonic cleaning. Old fuel sitting in a carb is bad news, the small drilling’s get gummed up, get it cleaned then rebuilt with new gaskets to do the job properly. 

Yes only picked the bike up yesterday and the air box had fuel in it this morning. But I had left the tap open I don’t know if that would cause the problem. Thank you for your reply.

yes will do will order a gasket set.

just strange why petrol was in the air box.

greg

Several possibilities, float height, sticking float needle, dirt in the float needle housing, float needle worn 

Replace the float needle anyway with a new rubber tipped needle

Never leave the fuel tap on with a Mikuni, they are a pain in the a*** for flooding, even when brand new. The aiirbox will have fuel in it if the front of the bike was raised, usually it runs into the engine and sits in the crankcase