Forks not returning

BetaTechno1999

Assuming they worked properly before mounting on the bike, something could be out of alignment.  General recommendation is to loosen all bolts except lower fork clamps.  This includes fender mount and axle clamp.  Flex forks up and down.  It should be free.  Tighten top clamps, repeat flex, then axle clamp, flex, then fender. 

Check to make sure the little aluminium "bullet" is still in place at the top of the damper rod. The damping adjustment screw pushes down on this part. After changing oil in my 2009 300 4t a few years ago, I did not notice this small part had come out of the damper road and fallen down inside the fork. The first ride out, the wayward bit jammed into the side of the damper rod, not allowing the fork to extend. The damper rod was scored bad enough I replaced the damper. That wasn't the end of my problems either. when I received the new damper assembly, it was obvious the part was meant for the fork tube on the spring side. Bob Clark from Mountain Motorcycles whom I was dealing with, (the former Canadian Beta importer) figured out that the parts books were wrong. They had the part numbers transposed from the left to the right sides in the fork section. I hope this isn't the case with your bike , as the part is not inexpensive. Good luck!