90 degree vent for Mikuni carb on Rev3

jbrandt

Hi all,

The exhaust is so close to the carb, that one of the vent tubes has actually gotten partially melted because the tubing routes right over the exhaust pipe.  I was lurking around trialssuperstore.com looks for ways to spend money, and found this:

Anyone know if this would work for my 2000 Rev3 270 with Mikuni carb? I assume this is a relatively universal part, but you never know...

https://trialssuperstore.com/products/dellorto-vent-90

2 hours ago, lineaway said:

That part is for another carb and will not fit you are worried over nothing.

Never really said I was all that worried about it, but I wouldn't exactly say that potentially dripping fuel on a hot exhaust pipe is "nothing".

2 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I think I just bent the part the hose goes onto to give clearance. No money required

Are you talking about the brass piece that the tubing slides on to?

Just my luck that'd snap off, lol

3 hours ago, jbrandt said:

Never really said I was all that worried about it, but I wouldn't exactly say that potentially dripping fuel on a hot exhaust pipe is "nothing".

Yes the brass piece. I bent it about 45 degrees which was enough. You know that even if you did break it, it could be replaced with a piece of brass or copper tubing. Those vent fittings are just glued into the body of the carby. Another consideration is that the carby has a bowl vent on each side so it probably makes no practical difference if one of them is blocked off

22 hours ago, jbrandt said:

That is an atmospheric vent. Unless you are upside down.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:55 AM, feetupfun said:

Another consideration is that the carby has a bowl vent on each side so it probably makes no practical difference if one of them is blocked off

Funny you should say that. All the PWK28 Keihins I’ve seen only have one vent open even though Beta puts two hoses on them.?

B850F651-716B-4B08-8B95-19098EF99408.jpeg

F1FA0F9E-4D63-4329-8048-B397609BB4CA.jpeg

• Like 1