280RR low compression head insert

vectradam

Hi

Fitted a low compression head insert to my 2018  280 RR to hopefully soften it a bit.  are there any carb adjustments or anything else that i should do when changing to this low comp insert.

Also, has anyone found a suitable replacement for the awful radiator filler plugs that round off so easily,

Many thanks

If you visit Steve Saunders website - saunders extreme, you can find all the parts manuals. look at the 2020 TRRS and you will find revised radiator cap. Hexagon proud of the cap body. Part number 13004TR100 £13.45

• 3 weeks later...

i now realise that you can also get a thicker head gasket / spacer. can you fit this as well as the low compression head insert or is it one or the other ?

Also, i generally ride everything in 2nd or 3rd gear. What would i gain by going one tooth down on the front sprocket that i couldnt achieve by just riding in 1st or 2nd ?

thanks very much

Quote...  Also, i generally ride everything in 2nd or 3rd gear. What would i gain by going one tooth down on the front sprocket that i couldnt achieve by just riding in 1st or 2nd ?

Well exactly, if you went for 1 tooth smaller , 4th gear might become useable.   So you would have 4 useable gears..

• 1 month later...

If you ride in first and its too quick fit a 9 tooth otherwise just select a lower gear. My 280 will pull 4th on a hill but its not detuned so 4th is usable. 

Low comp head and a head spacer may be too soft as the motor won't have the compression to pull higher gears

• 1 month later...