MONTESA COTA 247 NO SPARK

Dangermouse2524

Hi folks 

Any help would be appreciated, I'm currently refurbishing my Dad's 1974 Montesa Coat 247 and almost at the finishing line, i'd had issues with no spark at the plug but following a check of points, condenser and wiring I got a spark and had the bike running. So I finished the build (cases and covers on) and after getting the alloy tank pin holes welded, which is why the bike wasn't finished when I got it running I now find after sweating out a few kicks that there's no spark again. I have checked all the wiring connections again and all looks ok. The plug is brand new and when I stick a screwdriver in the plug cap i'm getting a good old dig up the arm. If anyone has any ideas i'd be most grateful.

I'm also considering mounting the condenser underneath the tank, does anyone know how to do this, i've a brand new one sitting on the shelf.

Have you painted the frame? If the answer is "yes", please note that you need to scratch at least one engine support and the place where the high tension coil is bolted.

Another issue to check is the order of the insulation rings at the points and condenser screw.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kingscorpion said:

Have you painted the frame? If the answer is "yes", please note that you need to scratch at least one engine support and the place where the high tension coil is bolted.

Another issue to check is the order of the insulation rings at the points and condenser screw.

Thank you, the frame was powder coated so i'll start with that.

Hi I kind has similar , 

I ran another ground wire from engine  magneto and engine case ,  mounting bolt . to coil mounting bolts  ,, for extra negative ... ground ,, think all other suggestions are    Great  ,To check   Having a coil volt light  , might help  

I have one purchased at harbor freight  USA ,  5.00 usd 

i