Spanish Trials Clubs

mercuryrev

Are there any forum members living in Spain and riding with Spanish clubs?

Interested to know how licensing works, how clubs are run, if they mostly have their own land to practice on, that sort of thing?

Thanks in advance

?

Yeah, the license is a lot of money (it covers insurance for all events too), some clubs have practice areas though compared to the UK there's less clubs spaced further apart.

However, around here, people generally just have a road legal bike and head for the mountains to practice :)

On 6/23/2020 at 9:43 PM, greychapel said:

Have a word with Steve Bamford at Casa Monte's trials holidays. He is in Andalucia, I remember him saying Spanish license is very expensive, 3 to 4 hundred euros, think he used to ride under ACU license ?

Thanks, that's a good suggestion, I'll send him a message.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, turbofurball said:

Yeah, the license is a lot of money (it covers insurance for all events too), some clubs have practice areas though compared to the UK there's less clubs spaced further apart.

However, around here, people generally just have a road legal bike and head for the mountains to practice :)

Thanks.....

Is it a case of joining the club and then you can practice?

Do you know if hold trials without the need for a national licence? 

I'm thinking of maybe moving to the Algarve where there are no clubs and so heading into Spain for my fix.

Edited by mercuryrev

15 hours ago, mercuryrev said:

Thanks, that's a good suggestion, I'll send him a message.

Thanks.....

Is it a case of joining the club and then you can practice?

Do you know if hold trials without the need for a national licence? 

I'm thinking of maybe moving to the Algarve where there are no clubs and so heading into Spain for my fix.

if you move to the algarve i think trials clubs etc will be very difficult, even with a long journey into spain, trials in the south are sparse.

I see you have France down as an address if so where and where are you going too in Spain. There is a small group of classic riders around the Alicante region and there is a trials a Valancian trials championship.... Mind you watched a trial here in Spain early in the year.. mental the things the go up.. and down.. looked bloody hairy.

6 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

if you move to the algarve i think trials clubs etc will be very difficult, even with a long journey into spain, trials in the south are sparse.

As far as I know there aren't any clubs in southern Portugal, although there are riders. I'm meeting up with a french guy this coming winter and I know that several 4RTs have been sold locally. If I moved there I'd have a go at trying to contact others there.

My thought process was there are likely quite a few places to ride in Portugal, thanks to the miles of off road tracks. However with the Spanish border 90 mins away at most, then a weekend trip to ride somewhere around Seville/Cordoba/Granada might be a possibility.

I know nothing of the trials scene in Spain other than a few of them are 'ok' at riding..... ?

6 hours ago, metisse said:

I see you have France down as an address if so where and where are you going too in Spain. There is a small group of classic riders around the Alicante region and there is a trials a Valancian trials championship.... Mind you watched a trial here in Spain early in the year.. mental the things the go up.. and down.. looked bloody hairy.

Possibly heading to the Algarve rather than Spain but happy to have weekends away in Spain. 

You can enter Spanish competitions, but without a Spanish competition license there is insurance to pay - that varies depending on the event, just before lockdown there was one here with the insurance being ~€70 if I remember right.

13 hours ago, turbofurball said:

You can enter Spanish competitions, but without a Spanish competition license there is insurance to pay - that varies depending on the event, just before lockdown there was one here with the insurance being ~€70 if I remember right.

70 euros for a one day trial? The UK has something right if that's the case!

I'm not really interested in competing, it leaves me cold, much more fun just having a practice area and playing with friends.

Here in France you can join a club and ride their land for around 30/40 euros for the year. Yes the bike must be registered for the road and insured, if you want to compete then you have to get a licence. 

On 6/27/2020 at 4:57 PM, mercuryrev said:

As far as I know there aren't any clubs in southern Portugal, although there are riders. I'm meeting up with a french guy this coming winter and I know that several 4RTs have been sold locally. If I moved there I'd have a go at trying to contact others there.

My thought process was there are likely quite a few places to ride in Portugal, thanks to the miles of off road tracks. However with the Spanish border 90 mins away at most, then a weekend trip to ride somewhere around Seville/Cordoba/Granada might be a possibility.

I know nothing of the trials scene in Spain other than a few of them are 'ok' at riding..... ?

Id be careful, 4m from a road is illegal in Spain afaik, so you need to know where you can go.

• Like 1

The Dabster is right.. speaking to guys in  Spain you really need to know where you can ride and where you cannot.  As I asked before,  you say you are in France, we have a little expat trialing family in France...If your in the South west,  when it cools down we will be out most weekends.

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Id be careful, 4m from a road is illegal in Spain afaik, so you need to know where you can go.

Thanks Metisse, that is one of the reasons for asking on here. I'm sure if I was local to wherever I could eventually find out, like anywhere I guess, but as an 'outsider' it's a lot harder. Also riskier!

2 hours ago, metisse said:

The Dabster is right.. speaking to guys in  Spain you really need to know where you can ride and where you cannot.  As I asked before,  you say you are in France, we have a little expat trialing family in France...If your in the South west,  when it cools down we will be out most weekends.

Thanks for the offer but we're a bit too far away from you.