Beta 4t carb

midlife

I had a 250 4/, cleaned the carb once in 4 years, only because I was bored, if you get an aftermarket airbox to carb conn which is softer I think removal of exhaust and throttle cable and it should pop out the lh side

2 hours ago, midlife said:

Was thinking about buying 300 4t . Somone told me the carb is a b####d to get off and on, if this is the case  a might have second thoughts.

I usually clean the carb before each event.

After doing it once, you will never do it again until it is needed.

We’ve got standard air boxes on our 4t’s... it’s a little bit fiddly but no bother once you’ve done it once or twice... usually 1- 1 1/2 hrs to strip out, clean and rebuild but it’s not something you should need to do too often provided you have a good inline filter fitted.

I have an in-line fuel filter, and use a small hand pump to transfer fuel from can to tank, 

1: it stops fuel getting everywhere and 

2: keeps dirt away from tank

Never had any issues

Edited by retromlc

Hi

I have never had a problem with my 4T carb and so have never had to remove it.

I have a plastic cover on the airbox which stops a lot of crud from getting into the filter. Also have an in-line fuel filter.

I clean the air filter after each trial and inspect the airbox for water.  It can be drained at the bottom if needed.

After washing I drain the float bowl, via the drain screw, just to ensure no water droplets get sucked into the carb.

Wouldn't let the possibility of carb removal stop you from buying a 4T.

Had a 125 Rev3 with a Delorto carb before and was forever having to clean that.

Stuart

Edited by stu109

When I bought my 4T I had some issues with the carb and had to take it off a number of times. I can’t remember the exact procedure but the rear spring/damper had to be disconnected and leaned out of the way and then the carb was fiddled, wangled and twisted through the gap. Not fun, but I got better at it and it certainly wouldn’t put me off the bike. Once the problem was definitively fixed, the carb was never touched again.

Never had to remove rear spring/damper assy when I’ve removed the carb... disconnect the throttle cable from the carb and the fuel line , air box needs to come off and the silencer then it comes out of the left hand side. 
Don’t let it put you off buying one... it’s really not an issue