Got it to but disappointed

burns1989

Hi so I got my 08 rev 3 250 today , couldn't view it so had it dilivery and soon kicking over it has dreaded main  bearing noise rough rumble ? and some spanner monkey  has been chewing the electrics for the kill switch and head light which has the main block connector missing ?. Now does any one know what it will cost to have it rebuilt as Im Going to get on the blower and see what the bike shop will do as it's not fit for use and the advert said it's been serviced and runs and rides great , so I need to find out what's cost will be so I can see if I can get money back to cover the costs . Thanks 

Just to add how do I check the year of the bike with the frame number , if I count the 10th number it is a 3 from what I remember  it would make it a 2003 modle , but it doesn't have a mikuni carb and it has a big weight on the fly wheel which looks like a stock part  

10 minutes ago, burns1989 said:

Just to add how do I check the year of the bike with the frame number , if I count the 10th number it is a 3 from what I remember  it would make it a 2003 modle , but it doesn't have a mikuni carb and it has a big weight on the fly wheel which looks like a stock part  

I'm not being funny but if you're going to 'reject' it then I wouldn't be pulling the engine covers off.

Any business would say you've been messing with it ?

Not when your a mechanic and know how to check for worn bearings , it should have been picked up when it was serviced, and pulling a cover off won't give reasons to say a customer has caused the fault due to it being a mechanical fault . They cant sell something that they have said is In  good condition and is not, its false advertising. I  sis pat a fair chunk for it so I have the right to be abit miffed .

• Like 1

I gave my Evo new mains, seals and gaskets at the beginning of lockdown. I probably replaced more bits and bobs than required and added a couple of other parts to my order. It cost around £200 and like crabstick it took a few hours to do the work. Very happy with the result. First time I’d gone that far on a motor in about 30 years so was daunting but the results are very welcome. 

If the bike is otherwise clean and ok I’d suck it up and do the work. You’ll then have plenty of enjoyment out of it and the money it’ll cost will be recovered when you sell it. 

Edited by pindie

Either return it or at least get them to pay for parts, sales and supply of goods,,-not as described or fit for purpose. I bought a bike off the phone once, it was a ****ter, described as in great condition, I did nothing and thought I'd sort it, cost a fortune, it was a TY175, so I expected some wear but it was almost scrap, never buying like that again 

They are sending me new parts , so I'm rebuilding it and probably going to put a fresh top end on it and go through all the bearings water pump ect , the front suspension is soft and springy seems like it has no damping or a fast rebound . What are the stock settings for rebound spring preload. Thanks