W-WA and a Beta Evo 300

jeff408

Hi all, Jeff here from Randle (Gifford Pinchott). I just bought an used 2019 Bete Evo 300. It had leaky rt fork and I'm trying to put in new seals in it. I'm trying to remove the bolt on the bottom of the fork. With the forks off I used an air impact gun and it loosened it enough for the oil to leak out. Now it just spins and I've researched the internet and cant find what I can do.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Jeff

On 6/25/2020 at 6:58 PM, lineaway said:

Put the forks back together and put tension on the fork spring, even if it means going back on the bike.

It is the rebound side with no spring. I made a tool that I though was stopping the internal damper from spinning and that didn't seem to work. Maybe I'll have time to dig in more over the weekend. Anyway thanks for the responses

Sometimes a hand impact will work better than the air one, or maybe a different air or electric impact may work.   Some of these fork were put together with too much thread locking compound.    Good luck.

• Like 1

Today I put new SKF seals and put it all back together. So now to add fork oil. I decided on Motul 5w. My new dilemma is how much to add. All my manual says is 297 g either side. Looks like most things I see on line are talking air gaps like 65 on rebound side 120 comp. side so different volumes. I'm looking for oil volume on rt side any thoughts on this? 

Edited by jeff408

• 4 weeks later...

You’re a better man than I. I tried to drop the fork on my 2018 to look at the internals and ran into the same issue. Screw loose but not releasing. Couldn’t get it to tighten either. Much bodging of tools and many bad words later got it back in and haven’t touched it since. I’ve been into a lot of Paiolis but these Sachs forks are a different animal despite looking the same.