trs v sherco v beta

midlife

On 6/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, midlife said:

Have had Gasgas in past must have worst gear box the jump from 4th/5th.

Honda gear leaver shaft,  glass would be stronger .Friend had a new 300r honda I rode one section on broke gear shaft both of us could not believe it happened because there was no noticeable impact. Also soft prop stands .sump shields .and casings

If you think a honda is soft, you're going to be disappointed with a sherco trs or a beta

Edited by faussy
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, faussy said:

If you think a honda is soft, you're going to be disappointed with a sherco trs or a beta

Had a 2016 300 sherco had it up until March

All that was changed

Chain and spockets

Brake pads

Wheel bearings

Oils

On 6/28/2020 at 6:34 AM, midlife said:

Honda gear leaver shaft,  glass would be stronger .Friend had a new 300r honda I rode one section on broke gear shaft both of us could not believe it happened because there was no noticeable impact.

Smashed my TRS shift pedal up hard on a rock and it was stuck at about a 45 degree angle right up over the engine case.  I thought it must be damaged but I pushed the pedal down and there was a click as it located back to it's original position.  No noticeable after effects at all.

• 1 month later...

Well in all fairness the idea of soliciting opinion on a public forum is to see if an event is more than an outlier. If it happens to one, a few or many. Since we are rarely a statistically significant group locally it’s nice to be able to ask the rest of the world.

• 5 months later...

I have had many bikes during my life, I have enjoy them all, made some minor mods to adjust them to my liking, i can't say a bad word for any of them. 

I started when I was 16 to now that I'm 62. 

What a beautiful life! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1