2017 txt rear brake

rob77

Hi all, 

I recently had to get a new rear brake caliper for my 2017 Gasser. However, after hours of trying I can't get it to bleed to a sufficient level to actually work when riding. I also changed the disc at the same time as it was cracked

It has enough bite to hold the wheel on the stand, but not when riding down a bank. 

I've replaced the seals in the master cylinder too, tried all the syringing methods, adjusted the position of the pumping arm on the brake lever bit nothing. 

I'm wondering if as I've got new pads and disc whether it just needs to bed in, or if the pads could be ruined as there was a lot of brake fluid getting spilt! 

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers

5 hours ago, rob77 said:

I'm wondering if as I've got new pads and disc whether it just needs to bed in, or if the pads could be ruined as there was a lot of brake fluid getting spilt!

Yes.

Remove pads, clean disc as best as you can. Sand pads. mount again

Does the pedal feel firm,or spongy and have long travel?If it's firm the pads are contaminated and need replacement,sanding them helps and is worth trying though they won't be as good as new.Zap the disc with brake cleaner before you fit new ones