DC rack question

ssdt1980

After weighing it all up went for a rack in the end, had nowhere to store a trailer properly... but looking at it now where do my existing electrics go once the rack bar is in behind the towbar.. do you just bend the electrics bracket? 

Yes that’s what we had to do on ours.... also fitted two Ali tubes sticking of the back to hold the lighting board onto...Board retained with ‘R’ clips... I think it’s a better way rather than using bungee cords to strap it to the bike..

also, we took the rear wheel ‘D’ tie down bar and welded it to the front wheel support to give a strap tie down directly under the rh fork. 
we replaced the rear support with a piece of box section with a hole drilled in to it to take a tie down hook...if you want to I can get some pictures later 

6 hours ago, thall1 said:

Yes that’s what we had to do on ours.... also fitted two Ali tubes sticking of the back to hold the lighting board onto...Board retained with ‘R’ clips... I think it’s a better way rather than using bungee cords to strap it to the bike..

also, we took the rear wheel ‘D’ tie down bar and welded it to the front wheel support to give a strap tie down directly under the rh fork. 
we replaced the rear support with a piece of box section with a hole drilled in to it to take a tie down hook...if you want to I can get some pictures later 

Yes please to the pictures ?

You can get a T bracket (designed for two sockets for caravans) That will move the socket from where the rack is positioned.  The nuisance is the need to get the wire back in and out. 

A better option might be the extension plate which has a cutaway in it.  You can cut the existing plate as well so you don't need to touch the wire.

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/witter-zeap1-electrical-plate-extension.html