315r vs ty250

myatt

TY will feel much slower and altogether softer than your 315.

Consider though, that TYs are few and far between, at reasonable money, for a clean ones, so perhaps consider another make if you want a change, unless you fancy the air cooled class!

Beta 200's are great for newish riders, as are gassers. Scorpas with the Yamaha engine , 2002 - 2008 are also worth considering as they are nice and smooth on power. Have a think about different bikes rather than limiting yourself, unless you know of a good TY to you locally.

Edited by jonboy883
  • Like 1

I had two TY250 monos (an 88 & 94) followed by two 315R's (a 99 & 02), I really enjoyed the TY's and while the 315s are a fantastic bike and great build quality I never really enjoyed them as much. I agree with what is said above about not many TYs at right price but  so many parts are available for them still.

Very much a personal thing, try and get a ride on a good TY and take it from there.

I had a 1987 TY250 Mono in about 1991 after about 10 years not riding. Great bike and very forgiving - especially on the more old school sections we had back then. I then had a 311 Montesa (prob one of the best trials bikes I've owned) before going on to a couple of new 315s. They were both great and fantastic quality. The TY is soft as you like and if you can get a good one won't let you down. But to answer the question, I'd probably stick with the 315r. They are appreciating and you'll soon get used to it!