3 jours de l'Ardèche ???

andyjohnson_10850

Good, not many brits (if any) go, subsequently its good if you can speak french. They were strict on documentation lights etc. I went a couple of years back and similar to sardent. Its high up so weather in may isnt always good, i got hypothermia!

Think entries have closed for this year, a long way down and tricky to find. parc ferme. Not much accomadation at start except camping?

12 hours ago, andyjohnson_10850 said:

thanks for thee reply nigel , was planning on doing it but don't think we can now as the time off work and childcare cant be sorted , maybe next year , plenty of time to research it etc .

andy

bi annual afaik. I think it would be a much better trial than sardent is now, but if you can ride well you need to try something in spain, santigosa, or maybe italy.

This one is due to happen this year hopefully

https://www.trial-truyere.fr/

Not ridden it but I did visit it a couple of years ago (we were passing through on our way somewhere) and everyone seemed to be enjoying it, including the few Brits who were riding. Looked like there was a good selection of routes for pretty much everyone. It's a fair way south but a gorgeous part of the world. October can also be the nicest time of the year there too, chilly at night but warm during the day.

22 hours ago, mercuryrev said:

This one is due to happen this year hopefully

https://www.trial-truyere.fr/

Not ridden it but I did visit it a couple of years ago (we were passing through on our way somewhere) and everyone seemed to be enjoying it, including the few Brits who were riding. Looked like there was a good selection of routes for pretty much everyone. It's a fair way south but a gorgeous part of the world. October can also be the nicest time of the year there too, chilly at night but warm during the day.

There were 600 entries for the 300 spaces for his trial by the end of June!

it dosent say that its full (that i can see )  but there's no option to download an entry form so guess it must be ! food for thought next year then on both those 2 trials , the oct one must be the better of the 2 if they got that amount of entries by june ! 

Edited by andyjohnson_10850

On 7/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, andyjohnson_10850 said:

it dosent say that its full (that i can see )  but there's no option to download an entry form so guess it must be ! food for thought next year then on both those 2 trials , the oct one must be the better of the 2 if they got that amount of entries by june ! 

Ardeche is very french and less well known and a fair way down so I wouldnt read too much into the 600, bi annual doesnt help.

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1