1999 gasgas txt270 good choice for first bike?

Shelbyk7

Found a pretty good deal on a 1999 gasgas 270 and wanted to know if it’s worth buying as a first bike or not. The only other trials bike I’ve ridden is a buddy’s 2006 sherco 290. 

are these bike considered “same generation” or is there big differences and upgrades in those 7 years? 

and can you get parts for the 99 gasgas? 
anything specific to look for in these models tht go out a lot?

i am trying to stay on a budget with my first one so I’ve been looking at stuff around $3k or less And he’s asking $1900 and may have a little room 

it’s supposed to be in Mint condition 

Hi

Had one as my first bike, people told me to powerful for a novice  but it all depends upon how much you twist the throttle.

it depends on where you are going to ride as it can pull your arms out.

As with old bikes some parts are getting  hard to find. 

It seems to be a little pricey. 

Maybe as you only have experience of two machines perhaps try a few more before spending any money. Its always the same question...machine gun or rifle, big engine, little engine, rip your arms out power or enjoy the ride. 250’s tend to be acceptable for most riders, lets face it theres only between 20 and 40cc’s difference in the capacity so its more about engine state of tune. Some smaller capacity bikes are just as capable and a whole lot less threatening when you take a fistful of throttle. Hope you find a good bike that you like and are not intimidated by.