Vertigo hot start problems

Thepolisher

Hi guys, was my first outing today on the vertigo r2 250cc 2020 model. First owner...ive noticed sometimes more than other takes about 10 kicks to start when hot? Is there a knack to starting throttle positions? Any help be great, I will obviously call dealer also 

three kicks from cold first kick every time when hot. !/4 to half throttle and engage kick at top of stroke, don't shut the throttle as you kick roll it off as it fires.  It needs to see fuel to fire hence throttle, you'll get the feel for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine used to do that sometimes. I found that if it didn't start first kick when hot then open throttle full open (don't be afraid) then it'll start within one or two...Obviously let go of throttle when it fires up. Read it somewhere was advice from vertigo.

Edited by TakeFive
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

22 hours ago, Thepolisher said:

R2 2020 suffers from this.....fit a spacer on the stator!! Contact your dealer 

That’s probably a forgotten spacer on the R2’s that have a flywheel weight.

What about bikes without flywheel weights that are “hard to start” when hot?

• 2 weeks later...

I did figure out a way to make starting easier.  Put your kickstarter under the ball of your foot, not the arch.  What happens is, when you kick, and it’s the arch of your foot, when your heel lands on the foot peg...  your kick starter is not all the way through the stroke.

However, when the kickstarter is under the ball of your foot...  and your heel hits the foot peg...  the kickstarter is an inch or two further in the stroke.  

Try it, see if it helps you.