Wheel Compatibility

cmccoll

I am due a new wheel and to make life easier on the sealing front and considering the new style wheels. This question has likely been asked to death before I'm sure but has anyone had experience fitting the new style DID wheels/ 2-part spoked wheels onto older bikes? (specifically 2009 Pro) I understand the Raga from that year had these wheels but would it fit on the standard bike without the need for faffing around with spacers, hubs etc? 

Cheers!

I fitted a new style wheel (2-piece spoke) to my 2003 GasGas. It was used (much cheaper than new) and came off another GasGas.

Fit right on, just had to use the spacers that were original to my 2003.  No muss, no fuss.

1 hour ago, zippy said:

I fitted a new style wheel (2-piece spoke) to my 2003 GasGas. It was used (much cheaper than new) and came off another GasGas.

Fit right on, just had to use the spacers that were original to my 2003.  No muss, no fuss.

@zippy

Thanks for the reply, I just need to speak to some breakers and see what comes up. What year was the wheel you put on your 03?

10 hours ago, cmccoll said:

@zippy

Thanks for the reply, I just need to speak to some breakers and see what comes up. What year was the wheel you put on your 03?

I believe it was a 2015.  Just be sure to use your spacers that are original to your bike on the new wheel.

Edited by zippy