Anyone tried bike in Rifter?

smarty156

Just wondering if anyone has tried to get a trials bike (or 2 preferably) in the new (2018 on) Peugeot Rifter Long or the Citroen (new Berlingo) or Vauxhall (Combo Life) 7 seat equivalent?

I've got a Doblo at the moment but want something a bit more car like and modern that can be used as a family car, while also being longer.

I had a quick measure in one yesterday and it should work (just - roof is lower than Doblo but 7 seat version can take a full size trials bike lengthways no problem (6th & 7th seats removable).

Just looking for real world feedback before taking the plunge and realising my measuring is off!

Thanks. 

Thanks.

Is yours a standard or long version? If it's long, does the bike go straight in (front to back) and can you get 2 bikes in side by side without touching sides?

I guess being the van version there's little or no insulation in the rear, which takes up a fair amount of space in the car version.

Thanks.

I have a Fiat Doblo at the moment which is great as it used to be just me with 1 bike (which fits in diagonally). However, it's not exactly great for long journies (noisy and uncomfortable as I have long legs and seat doesn't go back very far) and now my daughter has started riding. I can get one bike inside and one on a tow bar rack 

So the thinking is with a Peugeot Rifter Long, where the middle row seats fold flat into the floor (and rear seats are removable) I can get both bikes inside, which I'd prefer and if I can do that with 1 middle row seat still up my son can come too and I can put his mountain bike on the tow bar. It will also be more comfortable and have more space for family trips, especially as we have a dog coming too.

Sounds like caddy life maxi or caddy kombi maxi would be an option for you. Either will seat 3 with two bikes,  and while they're an old design with leaf springs the ride and build is still pretty good.

• 1 year later...

I bought a 20 reg Citroen Berlingo XL in the end (the long wheel base version). Just about high enough inside to get the handle bars in (2014 300 GasGas). Have to put it in backwards as the middle row seats still have a slight lip on them when folded down so not completely flat. Straps around bars to rear anchor points on the floor.

Not had 2 bikes in it I'm afraid. I think you'd get one forward and one back but not sure where you'd tie down the one facing forward. The van version you definitely would as it's wider in the rear due to not having all the plastic covers on the sides.

Great car though. Quiet, comfortable, built in Sat nav with live traffic etc.

Edited by smarty156