Are vertigo any good

Robert n

hi fancying going back to 2t from a 300rr montesa  and have been looking at the vertigo but iv spoke to a few people who have said steer clear they are too unpredictable nice to ride but they've had loads of problems with theres  any advice before i buy would be helpful thanks 

They ride well,good suspension,light and powerful,but don't seem popular.Expensive new,depriciation worse than the more established brands .Trials riders seem suspicious of the fuel injection as something they can't fix if it goes wrong,although they accept the Montesa 4rt,probably because it's been out a long time and built by Honda.

If you fancy a return to 2t,does it have to be a Vertigo?

2 hours ago, huski said:

They ride well,good suspension,light and powerful,but don't seem popular.Expensive new,depriciation worse than the more established brands .Trials riders seem suspicious of the fuel injection as something they can't fix if it goes wrong,although they accept the Montesa 4rt,probably because it's been out a long time and built by Honda.

Iv had 3 beta's  and a sherco 290 for 12 years then the montesa  id probably go back to sherco but love the look of the vertigo and really fancied one  but i dont want something that breaks every two mins 

2 hours ago, dwb5151 said:

Well so far I haven't had any problems, when they first came onto the market they did have their issues. The fuel tank and airfilter box position works great, they are also easy to work at. 

which model did you buy 

Switched over to Vertigo when I bought my 2017 250 new . Bike has been mechanically perfect and the most balanced trials bike I have owned .  Small tank is the only drawback if I want to find a fault .  Internet wise the earlier bikes that needed a 9 volt batt for starting seems to bring about the most complaints  

• Like 1

My only experience was at formal Vertigo test day 3 years ago when I tried both the latest 250 and the 300. I though they rode we, looked cool and the mode/power changes impressive. The injection seemed faultless. But I found those new bikes 3 years ago very hard to start. They were both warmed up and clean. When I woke up the next day after the test and thought why does the sole of my foot hurt I remembered all the kicking. I am sure they are much better know but I have that lingering doubt about fuel injection. As noted Honda/Montesas are no trouble. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, micm said:

My only experience was at formal Vertigo test day 3 years ago when I tried both the latest 250 and the 300. I though they rode we, looked cool and the mode/power changes impressive. The injection seemed faultless. But I found those new bikes 3 years ago very hard to start. They were both warmed up and clean. When I woke up the next day after the test and thought why does the sole of my foot hurt I remembered all the kicking. I am sure they are much better know but I have that lingering doubt about fuel injection. As noted Honda/Montesas are no trouble. 

I hadnt thought about the fi being a problem with my montesa having it  there might be knack in starting them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert n said:

I hadnt thought about the fi being a problem with my montesa having it  there might be knack in starting them 

Little bit of throttle and a good kick, 2 kicks cold, 1 kick when warm

On 8/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, huski said:

I quite like the look of the gas gas 300 txt  but our local dealer says he's does more gearbox problems on them than anything else 

Had a 2019 model, Vertigo 300.

Bought a demo model with 10 hours on it, immaculate, without a scratch. Sold it after 12 months after repeated and expensive problems.

Other riders with 2018/2019 model put 500 hours on their bikes without any problem, so I guess it was just bad luck on my side, but I preferred to switch to a simple, cheap and easy to fix bike like TRS.

Oh, by the way,the Vertigo rode great, when it was fixed.

Edited by sergioNMD
  • Like 1