Are vertigo any good

Robert n

4 hours ago, sergioNMD said:

Had a 2019 model, Vertigo 300.

Bought a demo model with 10 hours on it, immaculate, without a scratch. Sold it after 12 months after repeated and expensive problems.

Other riders with 2018/2019 model put 500 hours on their bikes without any problem, so I guess it was just bad luck on my side, but I preferred to switch to a simple, cheap and easy to fix bike like TRS.

Oh, by the way,the Vertigo rode great, when it was fixed.

Thankyou I got chance to ride a 250 dl today  very nice to ride I don’t think I’d need a 300 

Bought a 2019 DL 250 Vertigo after having 18 months on a 2016 Sherco Factory 250. There are a number of veritgo's at my club and the guy I bought it off was his 2nd vertigo. Consensus from asking around before I switched brands were that they tend go through spark plugs and so they are worth changing them every 6 months as a preventative measure rather wait for them to fail. Other than that, all reports were positive with no major issues to be aware of.

The DL in particular seems a much better sorted bike than the standard and was a noticeable improvement over the Sherco.

More of my thoughts here:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trippy-taco said:

Bought a 2019 DL 250 Vertigo after having 18 months on a 2016 Sherco Factory 250. There are a number of veritgo's at my club and the guy I bought it off was his 2nd vertigo. Consensus from asking around before I switched brands were that they tend go through spark plugs and so they are worth changing them every 6 months as a preventative measure rather wait for them to fail. Other than that, all reports were positive with no major issues to be aware of.

The DL in particular seems a much better sorted bike than the standard and was a noticeable improvement over the Sherco.

More of my thoughts here:

Thankyou  iv decided to go with a 2019  250 vertical r  hopefully will be getting it next week 

I had a 2017 250 ice hell bought it new for Vertigo UK. I had the spark plugs problem at the start but Vertigo came and sorted it super fast. I then rode it for more than 3 years without any issues and what a great bike it was. All manufacturers sell a bad bike once in a while but from my experience my Vertigo was a top class bike and if you maintain it well it'll be a great bike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

12 hours ago, Cooter78 said:

I also considering a Vertigo as my next trials bike, but the noisy fan is a big deal breaker for me.

why does the fan make more noise than the engine itself?

not sure why its noisy but also not sure why that would put you off buying one ????

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2020 at 3:51 AM, micm said:

My only experience was at formal Vertigo test day 3 years ago when I tried both the latest 250 and the 300. I though they rode we, looked cool and the mode/power changes impressive. The injection seemed faultless. But I found those new bikes 3 years ago very hard to start. They were both warmed up and clean. When I woke up the next day after the test and thought why does the sole of my foot hurt I remembered all the kicking. I am sure they are much better know but I have that lingering doubt about fuel injection. As noted Honda/Montesas are no trouble. 

I just picked up a used 2017 Vertigo Ice Hell 300 yesterday from St George Utah...I live in Las Vegas.  It was indeed is a PITA to kick over...warm, cold or otherwise. It really requires a FAST full stroke kick to fire up. I suspect it has to do with crank velocity during kick and the fuel injection delivery? It also does not have as much compression/kicker pressure as my older trials bike (feeling). I have not done a static compression check yet. It was also setup (MAP) at sea level and this one has the programmable MAP, so playing with that might help too as we are at 2500 feet. The guy I bought it from demonstrated over and over again he could start it, so there is some technique I need to learn? I also own a 98 Gas Gas TX270...which is EASY to start 1st or 2nd kick. I'll give more feedback after I mess with it more.

FB_IMG_1677420837876.jpg

FB_IMG_1677420845901.jpg