Bits to carry

Robert n

The usual suspects....levers, chain link, gear lever, twist grip....you never know. Pretty much the same as for any trials machine. It’ll always be the bit you haven’t got  in the van that lets you down....how about another complete bike...just like the works boys do. Master cylinder and slave complete or repair kits. The list could be endless, depends on your level of commitment in the sections and how much you don’t mind bending your bike to compete. Apart from oils and fluids maybe a sensor or two and some ready made up bridge by-pass wire links...one taped to the bike ready just in case you are too far away from the van. Seems to me that the more you take the less you use, then there are those competitors that have everything including the kitchen sink but never use a single spare... not even air in the tyres...very annoying. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, section swept said:

The usual suspects....levers, chain link, gear lever, twist grip....you never know. Pretty much the same as for any trials machine. It’ll always be the bit you haven’t got  in the van that lets you down....how about another complete bike...just like the works boys do. Master cylinder and slave complete or repair kits. The list could be endless, depends on your level of commitment in the sections and how much you don’t mind bending your bike to compete. Apart from oils and fluids maybe a sensor or two and some ready made up bridge by-pass wire links...one taped to the bike ready just in case you are too far away from the van. Seems to me that the more you take the less you use, then there are those competitors that have everything including the kitchen sink but never use a single spare... not even air in the tyres...very annoying. ?

I was thinking with reading some of the posts on vertigos seems to be alot of sensors and little bits that fail due to wet conditions  was wondering what the common parts are that fail thanks 

1 hour ago, huski said:

Test all the brands,don't restrict yourself to 2,you need to know which is best for you

When i was younger i always wanted a gas gas but everyone said they fall to bits and at the time the frames were rusty  so never got one i would have one of them