Flywheel weight for txt 125 with 200 kit

trialguy

Hi,

installing an s3 200 kit (175cc actually) on my daughters 17.5 e4 125 txt.

I want to also install the optimal heavier flywheel and will likely have this machined custom. Can anyone offer a specific and ideal weight in grams for what this should be. I don’t want to order the generic weight intended for the 250-300 as this would obviously be too heavy for the little bike.

I will naturally be removing the factory small disc weight and adding the more substantial one. Will not want to install a cover spacer, should be unnecessary as the 125 ignition is much smaller therefore ample room in there.

Any intel will be appreciated.

thank you, Guy

Thanks but as I've stated our bike is a 2017 and the weight you suggest clearly describes it being only for 2014 and prior bikes. They are a different ignition and our bike utilizes 3 small screws for fixation of the weight.

Thanks though!

Hey!  That’s awesome, please do share any and all info. Did you just make a thicker version of the stock weight or combine the two?

Did you happen to weigh the new one or have a recommendation on a total weight figure?

lastly,  are you happy with the mod overall and do you feel the increased mass is a necessity with the bigger motor?

Thanks  for any of your shared knowledge!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay in acknowledging your help, composed a note but failed to submit.

Anyway, thanks very much! I’ve passed on to a machinist friend and am now waiting for the finished product.

A little annoyed that s3 has sent a 225 kit which won’t work despite our clearly asking for a 200 kit for our 2017.5 125.

Could you provide the part # of the proper 200 kit (175cc) that you received. Maybe that will help me obtain the correct one this time. Also, any jetting changes/ tips required for your mod?

Thanks very much,

Guy

The kit was put together by my dealer.
I think it are the parts of the previous GasGas TXT pro 200.
Cilinderhead has a top cooling water connection.
Exhaust pipe bolts rotated as on the previous gasgas cilinders.
Main jet unchanged
Idle jet from 52 to 48
Squish set at 1,5

P1030698a.jpg

P1000255a.jpg