New outfit

dan williams

On 8/13/2020 at 11:00 AM, ChrisCH said:

That looks a lot of work.  All I managed during the lockdown was a new chain and sprocket.

If you mean a lot of work for no benefit I agree. But like buying her titanium screws and other goodies I figure she's good to me so I should spoil her. ? She's put up with the indignity of repeated teardowns just to figure out how she works and still runs like new. Good bike.

Edited by dan williams
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dan williams said:

If you mean a lot of work for no benefit I agree. But like buying her titanium screws and other goodies I figure she's good to me so I should spoil her. ? She's put up with the indignity of repeated teardowns just to figure out how she works and still runs like new. Good bike.

Ahh.  Good old fashioned irrational emotional attachment to an inanimate object.  I am sure none of us have that do we?  ?

I get a (irrational) pleasure from putting new parts onto something, "upgrading" if you like.  So the titanium screws make perfect sense to me.  (I would probably opt for steel anodised myself but that is just personal preference).   If you intend to keep a bike it is not really irrational - it is an investment.  My wife might not see it that way, but females have a different perspective on life I think?  So mostly I upgrade her bike and we are both happy.

edit

I should also say that the new sprocket I fitted was a red anodised one to match the bike and was much appreciated as an improvement over the stock silver item - colour is important to lady riders........

Edited by ChrisCH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2020 at 5:43 AM, ChrisCH said:

I should also say that the new sprocket I fitted was a red anodised one to match the bike and was much appreciated as an improvement over the stock silver item - colour is important to lady riders........

I know that drill. My wife has to color coordinate her grips. Not even gonna mention the riding outfit.  ?

Dan, that’s interesting. I have been toying with doing the same. I’ve lost a few stickers and some others are beginning to peel. There’s something seems all wrong about paying to advertise someone else’s business so I’m reluctant to buy a new sticker kit. Unfortunately my bike has a black frame, black rear mudguard, white front mudguard and frame cover, so may not look quite so handsome as yours.