2013 Factory 300

Ben65

Hi guys- I’m new to this site, and Sherco.

ive bought what the VIN tells me is a 2013 Factory 300, but with all the research I’ve done, I’m yet to find another like it.

ive heard that Sherco has mucked up VINs in the past( this may be completely untrue??).

My Bike has a white frame, Blue(Factory logo’d) rims, Ohlins shock, Black forks with red adjusters on top, Cabestany logo’d air box cover, triple clamps with Limited Edition 147 engraved on them.  It also has a map switch LHS near radiator and black ‘bars.  

Does this sound like a 2013??  It was sold to me as a 2015.

It rides fantastically so far- quite a bit different to my old Gasser TXT PRO 2004 250( thankfully!!)

Im also chasing a manual for it, but can’t find any.  The guy I bought it off said to run at 80:1 on 95RON- sound ok?

thanks guys- any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Looks like a 2015 factory, but with a custom white painted frame... Gold triple clamps, gold head, forks and wheels are all 2015

Ill let the sherco experts answer the rest, but afaik the only real problems was with the carb diaphragm pump and some didn't run great, but i think this was more contained to the early models of the reverse tank and airbox, around 2011. If it runs ok then i guess its ok

80:1 i guess is fine if you aren't overly hard on it. If you like a lot of throttle or trail riding, id maybe try closer to 60 or 70:1. Personally i like to errr on the side of more oil, but everyone has their preference

https://www.sherco.com/wp-content/uploads/manual_2015_ST.pdf

Edited by faussy