200 kick start slipping

metisse

Had the clutch off and rebuilt now its developed this little problem, one in three / five times when you try and start the bike the kick start slips.  Not clutch slip when riding no drag or delayed action... is it just a case of undoing the nut underneath winding the kickstart and spring up and retighting the nut or maybe something else...I need it for next week and I am crap on the spanners 

57 minutes ago, metisse said:

Had the clutch off and rebuilt now its developed this little problem, one in three / five times when you try and start the bike the kick start slips.  Not clutch slip when riding no drag or delayed action... is it just a case of undoing the nut underneath winding the kickstart and spring up and retighting the nut or maybe something else...I need it for next week and I am crap on the spanners 

Message Patrik.

• Like 1

Three possibilities come in my mind:

The clutch plates might be stick together I woukd check the clutch and here if the push rod is installed adjusted right. 

Then a too thick gear oil which let the clutch slip. I only use HTX 740 now which gives best clutch action in my opinion. You might change to Elf HTX or ATF too. 

The third possibility is a not right working "Mitnehmer" (the ratchet thing is not actuated proberly which can be a too soft spring, too little tension on the spring or a worn ratchet.

These things I would like to go through / determine in your situation.