New Member, North Lancs UK

IDC

Hi everyone just joined the forum. Lock down has encouraged me to start rebuilding my 1967 Sprite 250 mk2 that has been in pieces for the last 25 years and after that I have a Ossa TR77 to do so i may need some help from this excellent forum.

• Like 1

Hi IDC, I had just such a Sprite in the same year 1967 bought new at the factory in the then accepted kit form to save on purchase tax, cost my Dad £167 and some change. That nickel plated frame was a pain to keep clean from tarnishing, someone else who had one said he literally wiped EP 90 gear oil all over the frame to prevent oxidisation, bike looked as you would expect...a bit of a mess. Has you bike got the 37A engine with a large circlip holding a cover in place to access the contact breakers? The Sif-bronze welding was impressive but some say the frame could snap and also that the steering head bearings outer tracks were held in place against a fibre glass tube...this was reported in MCN when they covered all forms of bike sport. Can you post some pictures, there is a similar Sprite at Spinning Wheel Classic Cars and Bikes...web site, they are based in Dronfield Derbys. Roger Ennis can make you a new ethanol proof tank if you need one for very reasonable money. Hope you have a fine time restoring both bikes. Just recently sold my last ‘project’ so on the look out for another.??

Hi section swept, as requested please find attached pictures that you may find of interest. I have replaced the flywheel cover with a standard Villiers one but still have the original? cover with the circular points cover. I aquired two Sprite trials bikes in around 1974, both in bits and built one good one out of the two, the remains of the other was scrapped. I think the engine is a 37a but am going to confirm as part of the rebuild, I was going to check the gear ratios to confirm? Luckily in addition to a red fiberglass tank I also have an alloy tank that I was thinking of using. When I get round to it I was thinking of starting a topic in one of the other sections to report on progress.

P1090671.JPG

P1090677.JPG