Piuma Marzocchi tear shock rebuild

markg

15 minutes ago, pschrauber said:

Not possible, get French Fournals that were mounted to Philippe Berlatiers works Piuma if you want a period look, they still sell them but be aware about the price!

Hi,

Thanks for reply, Why do say not possible? The shocks are easily dismantled and seals available?   

I had a brand new Piuma back in 1984 and the marzocchi rear shocks were quite stiff and had a lot of damping. I never used them after one practice session and replaced them with Gas Girlings, which were the best shocks available at the time and a huge improvement. I would suggest using the lightest oil in them 2.5w and back in the day when I was modifying shocks I just filled the tube the piston runs in and then put the piston in with any excess being pushed out.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

I had 4 Italjets the second one was a Piuma and had Betors front and rear whitch worked fairly well.

My Scott had Marzocchis but I gave them literary away because they where not any good, I bought White Power instead

The next and last Italjet a Piuma MK Il had too Marzocchis front and rear and I wasn't pleased either with the rear shocks and tried to get them adjusted but had been told it was not possible even back then, so switched to something else.

Australia might have got something different or there are substitutes possible. 

Edited by pschrauber
  • Like 1