Kickstart stuck

Tarmop

I had an Aprilia TXR, air cooled with almost the same engine fitted which did the same.

i only removed clutch and gears and the spring had a right angled lugg end which seated in a hole/indent in the clutch side crank case to secure and retain it. Never split the cases at all.

hope this helps, bottom line is, you'd have to take the clutch and gears off to split the cases anyway, so whip em out, and that should reveal what you need.

Ya. ****. 
I got a bar on it and broke my basket trying to hold it still while turning ??
the weight is still on there too. 
I tried left and right and couldn’t get  the weight to un thread 
ya . ****. 

Edited by Tarmop

ya  I did after that but it didnt do it,   but i didnt apply lots of pressure as im unsure if its normal or reverse thread.  so I dont wanna put too much force the wrong direction.  But with the impact on low setting either way it wouldnt loosen.  

let me know if any one can confirm if its clockwise or counter clockwise to remove the clutch side flywheel weight.

cheers

Tarik

whats the best way to hold the crankshaft still so I can remove it the clutch side flywheel weight ?  If its the correct  thread direction  I can hold the flywheel side of the engine with a socket on the flywheel bolt, but if its the reverse thread then  the flywheel bolt will loosen while I loosen the clutch side flywheel weight.   Or something like that....

On 9/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, teamferret said:

It's an extra flywheel weight. A half inch drive socket wrench will fit, if memory serves me it is a left hand thread.

Just an FYI it is right hand thread......

found out the hard way ... :) 

seems to be my style tho .lol