Suede boots!

Wooly46

Hi, I’ve just bought a pair of boots and they’re like a brown suede effect with leather on other parts of the boot. My question is, if you have similar, what do you use to waterproof them? I’m a newbie, so any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

Agree Get some sealskinz of t'interweb. NATO ones cheapest. Water proofing a complete waste of time for the most part, & a proper carry on, especially if out every week in the wet. I've got some A Stars & Diadora "brown" boots.  None of them will ever be waterproof, but put a  bit of wax around sole stitches & leave the uppers. Easy to power wash off & they air dry quicker if not plastered with clarty wax. They don't fall apart & don't need leather feeding, as you will have knocked holes in them long before they  properly wear out.(Well they do up here anyway).Has worked for me since I discarded the NCB wellies for a pair of RGs or something like that around 1979 (I think).

n.b waterproofing irrelevance continues, as the latest style boots barely cover your ankles, so the water will be over the tops in no time anyway ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1