MH 349

SP250

I've just bought an MH349 and the lock stops are the fork tubes hitting the edge of the plastic tank. 

I am certain my novice attempts at trials will see the tank split at some stage. 

Anyone got a parts manual or failing that, a picture of how/what lockstops should be on the bike please?

TIA John M

The stops on MH 349, Cota 349/4, Cota 350 are simply extra metal wrapped around and welded to the down tubes, refer photo.

The forks only miss the plastic tank by a few millimeters when all is good.

If your frame does in fact have these extra welded gussets on the down tubes, then I would be looking at other factors like is the plastic tank/seat unit mounted correctly, frame not bent (check rectangular main frame spar under tank and twin downtubes for straightness), and finally have you got the correct triples fitted (170mm between fork centres).

I bought a 349/4 several years ago that had a bent frame and suffered the same problem with forks whacking tank.

002.jpg

Thanks for your reply fourex, the fork legs are 170mm centres and i can see the pads welded to the downtubes now i look closely.  Frame looks straight.

The bottom yoke does contact the edge of the tank about 3 or 4 mm before the yoke hits the stop. Tank deforms slightly then yoke hits the stop.

Tank looks original and fits like a glove on the rear rubbers and also the bolt behind the top yoke so from the wear marks looks like it has been that way for a long time.

I would have to elongate the holes in the front tank to move the tank back - is this sensible as a solution or just leave it?

Thanks fourex - might just try a couple of jubilee clips round the frame pads as a temporary test or some 1/8" hard rubber round the bottom yoke and see how it goes before lighting up the brazing torch.  Also will check the frame with a straight edge incase the mk1 eyeball is not true.

John M