Trials Tyres for Road Use

japes1275

I use Pirelli MT43 tyres on my B40 which unlike a lot of trials tyres are ok for road use. I once tried a Michelin trials competition and after a couple of miles it heated up and the bike was un rideable. I want a tyre for my Norton but as it has a 19” wheel tyre choice is limited. Pirelli don’t do an MT43 and the only others I can find are an Ensign which isn’t really a proper trials tyre and a Mitas. The Mitas looks like a full 400x19 trials tyre but I’m unsure as to whether it will be too soft for the road.

The bike will mostly be used on the road but I might do the occasional long distance trial etc. I’m not bothered about wear characteristics or trials grip but it needs to be ok on the road.

Has anyone tried the Mitas 400x19 trials tyre that confirm it is hard enough for road use?

Thanks

Thanks Stan, unfortunately I’m stuck with a 19” rim as I’m trying to keep it as original as possible. I did consider having a second wheel built up with an 18” rim but as it’s really going to be more of a general use bike there didn’t seem to be much point.