348 torque arm

chudder

my recently bought 348 was missing the front brake torque arm.No problem I thought, 2 on ebay both saying for 348 both 5155.050 .Got one and it does not fit! seems to be too long.

Whats happened.Could be getting the grinder and welder out.

As per feetupfun, give us a pic if you can, or at least the dimensions.

Cyclesavant in the US has a couple, stating 23.5cm end to end, I'm guessing 22cm hole to hole.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Montesa-NOS-51M-Cota-348-349-Alloy-Brake-Stay-p-n-5150-050-51-50-050-1/301583685771?epid=716924065&hash=item4637c9d88b:g:nvgAAOSwNSxVHvvP

Edited by fourex
link didn't work at first.

hi,thanks for the replys.that one on ebay is the same one as i had from Motoclassic in uk. if i hold it up to the forks and line the holes up the brake pivot is in the way.If it was a 

bit shorter I think it would work.I could do with knowing what the hole to hole gap should be.

the part number is 7355.48 on one manual Ive discovered 

I just make mine from alloy strip from the local hardware store. You can easily make one up and make the hole at the top end extended so the arm will  effectively lengthen or shorten so more adjustment can be had as the brake shoes wear.

Edited by cleanorbust
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, chudder said:

hi,thanks for the replys.that one on ebay is the same one as i had from Motoclassic in uk. if i hold it up to the forks and line the holes up the brake pivot is in the way.If it was a 

bit shorter I think it would work.I could do with knowing what the hole to hole gap should be.

the part number is 7355.48 on one manual Ive discovered 

Part numbers starting with '73' are Cappra VR/VB I'm led to believe.