TR280i wiring issues

Devenc12

Hey guys, I just recently got my first trials, a 2013 TR280i. The previous owner rigged up a start assist with a 9v battery and when I went to swap for a new battery a few of the wires came apart. I am clueless when it comes to electronics so I have no idea where to even start re wiring. I tried it a couple ways and has had no luck, and now the start assist isn’t working, nor is my fan turning on. If anybody could help me figure this out it would be much appreciated.

128C3D34-7663-430D-BF70-83AC704E83E7.jpeg

Edited by Devenc12

It might not be relevant but in 2012 Nigel Birkett sent me this sketch plus some batteries in a pack and a basic switch (3 way) to wire into an early 'new' Ossa. It did work. The little battery pack contained 9 Ni/MH AA 2000 201111212 'Verificado.'  Later on I think the factory made a modification this was an early version. Apologies for the writing, but that's how it was sent from Spain. The existing capacitor was to be removed but I think we left it alone.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 09.36.41.png

Hey Devon

first you need to find out which wire from your two wires which come from your 9 volt batt is + and negative. Can’t tell from your shot if your batt connectors can be seen. Mine has red and black wires, the small terminal on the batt is + you need to know for sure. May have to use a ohmmeter. When you find the + wire from the battery connect it to your red wire, then take the other neg wire from your battery and connect it to the green wire. Take the other black wire thats with the green wire and connect it to the black that is at the bottom of your shot or black of the factory harness. Connect the main connector back together and your headlight should come on when your switch or button is on. 

Cheers kim