2019 GG 300 GP

Ben65

Howdy.

Ive sold the Sherco, now looking at a 2019 300GP.

Could someone pls tell me the difference between the GP models and Racing models pls. I’ve looked, but I can’t find any relevant info.

what are people’s thoughts on the 2019 GP??

thank you.

The main difference better the 19 racing and 19 GP is the carbon airbox which is a slightly bigger volume. Also has upgraded forks with extra adjustments, interchangeable s3 cylinder head (3 possible compression settings), lighter rear wheel, renthal handlebars, better footrests and silicone hoses. I've had a few GP's (or Raga model/Factory replicas as they were formerly known) and they always seem to be better built and run better. Well worth the extra money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bumpy_ltd said:

The main difference better the 19 racing and 19 GP is the carbon airbox which is a slightly bigger volume. Also has upgraded forks with extra adjustments, interchangeable s3 cylinder head (3 possible compression settings), lighter rear wheel, renthal handlebars, better footrests and silicone hoses. I've had a few GP's (or Raga model/Factory replicas as they were formerly known) and they always seem to be better built and run better. Well worth the extra money.

Thank you bumpy_ltd.

Seeing as it’s the last year they were 100% GG, is there anywhere I could look to see how many of them were built?   I’ve looked, but can’t see.

thanks

Personally i don't think they are worth the price difference. Ever since they did away with the std txt and the racing became the new standard (now with reiger and keihin) I think this bike is already more than adequate for 95% of the entry. Ive had 4 racings, never a GP, but whenever i rode a GP i couldn't tell the difference. If im right in thinking who bumpy _ltd is, he's a good enough rider to warrant the gp, but if you're the average club rider theres a good chance you won't be able to tell the difference. If you have the money, by all means go for it, but if you're tight for money, i would pass. The airbox is really just bling, the racing forks and reiger suspension are already great, and things like bars and pegs are a cheap upgrade to a racing if you feel you need them (personally ive never liked renthals flat bend).

I thought the same about the carbon air box being a gimmick until I rode (actually rode in a trial as opposed to just testing) a GP. Its most noticeable on hill climbs or when pulling 3rd gear. There is a price difference of around £500 between the racing and the GP and the price of a carbon airbox is over £700 so for me its a no brainer. There is nothing wrong with the Racing but, I know it sounds silly, the GP feels (and looks) special. And you're wrong Faussy, the bike is waaaaaay better than I am ;)

Edited by bumpy_ltd
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, faussy said:

Personally i don't think they are worth the price difference. Ever since they did away with the std txt and the racing became the new standard (now with reiger and keihin) I think this bike is already more than adequate for 95% of the entry. Ive had 4 racings, never a GP, but whenever i rode a GP i couldn't tell the difference. If im right in thinking who bumpy _ltd is, he's a good enough rider to warrant the gp, but if you're the average club rider theres a good chance you won't be able to tell the difference. If you have the money, by all means go for it, but if you're tight for money, i would pass. The airbox is really just bling, the racing forks and reiger suspension are already great, and things like bars and pegs are a cheap upgrade to a racing if you feel you need them (personally ive never liked renthals flat bend).

what is worth it? If you want the best bike or car then thats what you want, does it save you any marks, probably not but thats not why you want it? By the same rule no manufacturer would ever produce an enhanced model, but they all do. You pays your money and you takes your choice (sic)

Edited by nigel dabster

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

what is worth it? If you want the best bike or car then thats what you want, does it save you any marks, probably not but thats not why you want it? By the same rule no manufacturer would ever produce an enhanced model, but they all do. You pays your money and you takes your choice (sic)

Well I’ve bought it now- it’s on a truck as we speak heading south.

it was used by multiple Aussie champ last year at a few rounds.  Comes with new unused rear shock, new front brake system, new barrel, new piston, refreshed forks.

im in no way anywhere near as good as this bike is, but after selling a couple of bikes lately and making a few dollars on them, it’s cost me not much at all.    
I can’t wait for it to arrive.

• Like 1