Clutch noise?

deleriousdave

Just got a low-hour 2017 TRS250 and I love it but I’m getting an odd, fairly loud, rattling noise from what seems like the clutch. Noise goes away when clutch engaged, does not sound like crank noise, not affected by engine load. No detritus in oil (drained twice). Everything works perfectly, clutch effort and feel are awesome. I heard that diaphragm clutches were noisier than others.  Going to inspect clutch tomorrow, anyone experienced this?

Hi, I've got a 2018 TRS250RR, bought new from dealer, has had loud rattle from new, took it back to dealer who said it was normal, also checked with couple of other owners at a trial and they were similar. Noise goes away when clutch engaged. Some are louder than others. seems to be normal for TRS. I believe GasGas with diaphragm clutches are similar. Not had any problems with mine and had it for over 2 years now. Suggest listen to others if you get a chance. If anyone knows a solution I would like to know but I just live with it. All the best.  Melba

• Haha 1

All Gas Gas and TRS rattle, i believe it has to do with the primary gears, they are straight cut, if they were helicoidal they would not make noise but straight cut gears can be thinner, lighter and almost unbreakable. 

TRS has the most reliable clutch/primary assembly, we just need to learn to live with the noise. 

• Haha 1