gas gas txt280 05 white smoke

Sugg

hi

new to this group just trying to get my bike back up and running was out last weekend and bike started to blow white smoke out the exhaust now wont start at all just get a pop after every couple of kicks cleaned carb seems fine spark plug was abit black but still got spark but gonna replace it soon as anything else i should check ? any help would be much appriciated thanks 

I believe it's possible that the white "smoke" could in fact be steam, and this results when coolant gets by the head o-rings and enters the combustion chamber. Is your coolant level down? Pop the head and have a look around. Or remove the header pipe and view the top of the piston via the exhaust port.

Edited by d2w
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Further to jonboy883's post, if the water pump seal is compromised then the crankcase oil will be white/milky (in addition to the coolant level being down). If you replace the seal then you should also replace the pump shaft as the seal rides on the pump shaft and wears it.

• Thanks 1

If it's gas gas, no go direct to John Shirts Motorcycles, the old Gasser importer prior to KTM owning them, and he will stock the item, can give tech advice and help with anything else. eBay, you only get a part !

Edited by jonboy883
  • Thanks 1