4rt died half way though trial.

cangy1000

First thing I did was take the kill switch off, nothing...not even a pop. There's no spark at the plug. Tried new plug and cleaning earth and connections on coil...nothing. I had done one lap of sections, refilled fuel, couple more sections completed. then stopped to walk a section and would not start...not a pop. 

Not found anything on a search, I guess they usually don't go wrong much. Is there anything that commonly goes wrong wrong on older bikes? mine is the first 05 model.   

Low idle is a common issue, needs to be 1800...

The bank angle sensor can fail on them, find it and bypass the two outside wires with a jumper to test.

the throttle stop can ware a bit or get tweaked and the position can read as a negative value instead of 0, or near 0. 

the fuel pump or fan can stop working and cause the ECU to not let it spark (can test both with a 12v battery)

that's a good first stab list... good luck. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cangy1000 said:

Ive looped out the bank angle sensor, fuel pump and fan is running ok.

I guess I need to read up on the throttle stop, sure I've come across a thread on hear on the subject.   

Throttle stop?

I think you could work on that forever and not get anywhere if you have no spark.

6 hours ago, charlie chitlins said:

Throttle stop?

I think you could work on that forever and not get anywhere if you have no spark.

From what I have seen on my 07 4RT when I was having some strange issues the ECU will cut the spark when kicking it on things like full throttle (or to much throttle) and a negative value.  Guessing its a safety thing, wouldn't want a bike to start up from 0 and instantly rev its head off or something else strange. 

Edited by jonnyc21