Peeling decals - Sherco - solved

Simon-

Hello everyone!

I found a small problem with my bike - the edges of the decals are peeling off.

f10e17e82559.jpg

34d64878f7b4.jpg

8c18d41b0d68.jpg

I want to show you how to solve this problem. We will need a degreaser (you can use something like White Spirit) and glue for the fabric in a can. This glue I bought for gluing fabric to the subwoofer-stealth in the car. The peculiarity of this glue is that it is very sticky and sticks even to polyethylene parts.

497a10fd3911.jpg

We peel off part of the decals, or even the entire decals.

6a39d48e9a68.jpg

We clean the plastic and the edges of the stickers from dirt. Cover the sticker with a layer of glue.

302f4afd8f48.jpg

We dry the glue a little with a hair dryer, and glue it from the center to the edges.

be7b3126af15.jpg

Similarly, we glue the other edges.

441796d24736.jpg

5c426458aa69.jpg

78c3abaa0a09.jpg

I've tried different types of glue, cyanoacrylate glue, rubber glue, clear 3M double-sided tape, but this glue holds the sticker very tightly.

When gluing, be sure to use a hair dryer. After gluing the edges of the sticker, you need to warm up the sticker so that it takes a stretched shape.

Good luck to all!

Edited by Simon-
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Simon- said:

Hello everyone!

I found a small problem with my bike - the edges of the decals are peeling off.

f10e17e82559.jpg

34d64878f7b4.jpg

8c18d41b0d68.jpg

I want to show you how to solve this problem. We will need a degreaser (you can use something like White Spirit) and glue for the fabric in a can. This glue I bought for gluing fabric to the subwoofer-stealth in the car. The peculiarity of this glue is that it is very sticky and sticks even to polyethylene parts.

497a10fd3911.jpg

We peel off part of the decals, or even the entire decals.

6a39d48e9a68.jpg

We clean the plastic and the edges of the stickers from dirt. Cover the sticker with a layer of glue.

302f4afd8f48.jpg

We dry the glue a little with a hair dryer, and glue it from the center to the edges.

be7b3126af15.jpg

Similarly, we glue the other edges.

441796d24736.jpg

5c426458aa69.jpg

78c3abaa0a09.jpg

I've tried different types of glue, cyanoacrylate glue, rubber glue, clear 3M double-sided tape, but this glue holds the sticker very tightly.

When gluing, be sure to use a hair dryer. After gluing the edges of the sticker, you need to warm up the sticker so that it takes a stretched shape.

Good luck to all!

Thank you very much for this