Gas Gas 280 TXT Pro 2006

Vertematidog

Just purchased the above bike in bits. Can someone tell me where the ignition coil and the ignition unit should be mounted ? Also whats the switch thats mounted to the front number plate for, it has a rocker switch with the sign of a shower on it ?

Edited by Vertematidog
Year added

On my 2008s, the (Kokusan) CDI mounts under a wire tab on the left side of the frame near the steering stem.The coil mounts via a bolt into a threaded insert on the right side of the frame near the steering stem (near the rad cap). The voltage regulator mounts low in the area of the steering stem. And the fan controller mounts on the upper/left corner of the fan shroud. It's all a tight fit. Yes, the rocker switch is for the dual-mapping of the CDI.

This may help: 

Edited by d2w

No worries. I can send some photos is you need more info. And note that it's possible that the actual wiring may be different than what's depicted in the schematic; in my bikes the rad thermostat is positioned between the fan controller and the fan. Hmmm ... this is actually less than optimal as the fan controller will always be powered. It might be better to ensure that the actual wiring is as the schematic shows.

OK, here are some photos. The first shows the ignition module (left) and coil (right), The second shows the voltage regulator (top, in the crescent cutout). And the third shows the fan control module (with the 'E') mounted to the fan shroud.

20201107_170710.jpg

20201107_171008.jpg

20201107_171045.jpg