Montesa engine number

tried

Hello, yes it's a mystery! I've been told that ithe in the early 80s, Honda were starting to get involved with montesa , hence , the H.

I now know that the bike is a 349 frame with a 349 engine. Thank you for your help

• 1 month later...

On 11/6/2020 at 1:39 PM, tried said:

Hello, thank you for your help. I brought the bike thinking it was a  349 frame with a 348 engine. I guess it is a complete 349. My wife has confirmed the engine number as being 51 H 00221 . It is a sidecar outfit! 

It was running spot on, and then started seriously back firing. I think we've traced the problem to being a worn keyway ignition side. I've got a couple of ideas how to fix it, but fear it will need a new crankshaft. Do you know where I can get a crankshaft from , also, anybody to fit it as i don'tI have the skills/tools to do the job. A picture of the beast.  Thanks

16046698535635394350311807711911.jpg

Loctite 660 for the worn keyway works a treat

Hi , looks like a clean stamp ,, maby a special order bike , contact a montesa dealer , , find old production. Numbers from dealer , bultaco once while has models not listed ? . Like model 80 Sherpa junior I have  100 cc, have found one other in England , , and front center port exhaust 144 bultaco 125 cc , a project of mine  larry Seattle ,,,, cheers 

• 3 years later...

Hello Gents,

I have a Montesa Engine ( i am pretty sure that it is a 360 Enduro motor.  Can anyone identify the year and model?  the number on the engine is 67M0201       I am looking for a rolling chassis to go along with this engine.   Thanks!

Erik 

609-575-8744

20 hours ago, ErikMyhre said:

Hello Gents,

I have a Montesa Engine ( i am pretty sure that it is a 360 Enduro motor.  Can anyone identify the year and model?  the number on the engine is 67M0201       I am looking for a rolling chassis to go along with this engine.   Thanks!

I think you are looking at a 1978 or 1979 360 Enduro 👍 sweet bike, I bought a 66M in 1976 but that is the 360VA Motocross version 👍 awesome bike, wish you had an engine for that one, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.