How to set up a 4RT 260 ?

luct4

Hello,

i'm tend to ride a Beta 250 Factory 2017 with boyson reeds but today i bought a Repsol Montesa 260 - 2017. I like to give the
4 stoke montesa a try. I'm in love with the look off the bike. I cann use all tips & tricks to set up the bike properly and hope
to adapt in a normal time to 4-stoke mode. I rode a lot but in Belgium there are just a handfull 4RT riders. In competition
i haven't almost seen none. 

Greathings, 
Luc

Don't mess with the bike - you will spoil it, Set it to standard and then learn how to ride it, Find somebody who can show you how to get the best out of a 4rt.

if nobody local search this forum for tips.

Once you have got the hang of the Mont then modify anything you think is needed   

8 hours ago, luct4 said:

Hello,

i'm tend to ride a Beta 250 Factory 2017 with boyson reeds but today i bought a Repsol Montesa 260 - 2017. I like to give the
4 stoke montesa a try. I'm in love with the look off the bike. I cann use all tips & tricks to set up the bike properly and hope
to adapt in a normal time to 4-stoke mode. I rode a lot but in Belgium there are just a handfull 4RT riders. In competition
i haven't almost seen none. 

Greathings, 
Luc

Other than playing with bar and lever setup to suit your preference about the only other 2 things to consider might be to swap out for the throttle with the fast (white) throttle tube and tweak/adjust the suspension for your preference as well. 

Really the best thing you can do is to ride it a lot so you can adjust to the difference in timing of the engine and feel of the new bike and used to the different engine starting procedure. 

One other recommendation is to get yourself an hour/tachometer meter so you can set and keep the tickover/RPM's set correctly as the 4RT's need a higher than normal setting to be easy to start. 

Oh and one last thing, if the bike isn't starting easy after stalling it remember to give it full throttle and kick it twice then 0 throttle and one smooth kick should do it.  (the full throttle bit tells the ECU to reset) 

Edited by jonnyc21

Thanks for the answers and information. I'm going to contact Bernard Hubeau in Wépion and ask iff
i cann go to ride with him at once. I have read a lot at this forum before i made the step to the RT.
Today i was swapping between the Beta and the RT and both have there pro's. 

Greathings,
Luc

• Like 1