Suzuki Carry 1.3

rr62

Will a modern trials bike fit in a Suzuki Carry van? I don’t need a van for work or anything so don’t want anything huge on the drive but just something to ferry a bike around - max 35 miles away from home (but will also be MTBs and other sports stuff). My other option is a VW Caddy but don’t need to spend a huge amount for a bike carrier. 

I think probably yes, no doubt someone on here will be along to confirm, but I remember a guy years ago using a Honda acty to ferry his ty mono around. I think the Suzuki carry is the modern equivalent ? Always looked a bit of a faff though as it had to fit diagonally & not much room to get around the bike to manoeuvre & secure it etc.
I had the same situation & went for the old type Peugeot expert/Citroen dispatch/fiat scudo, which is bit bigger but only same size as a car. I find it great as it’s just long enough to fit the bike straight, and they all come with twin side doors which means wherever you park in the field there’s always a door facing away from the wind & rain for you to get changed or eat lunch etc ! There’s still plenty of them around cheap, mines the bog standard 1.9 diesel which is slow but bullet proof, 2.0 hdi available if you want a bit more poke. I have a curtain instead of a bulkhead & leave it open when there’s nothing inside so would be thieves can see it’s not worth messing with, but close it when the bikes in so it’s not on display & they’d be taking more of a chance if had a go at it. 
A final point, having a van of any sort at your disposal is such a useful tool for every other fetch & carry job you can think of, without having to mess up your car !

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated. We’re luckily in a place where theft is pretty rare - although I always keep driving if ever I suspect anyone’s tailgating on the way back home with the bike on a trailer. My ideal is actually a VW Caddy Pickup but they are escalating in cost by the day!

Thanks - yep I’ve seen quite a few folk use the Citroen Berlingo. The local dump point is one I’d not thought about as I think vans are either not allowed or have to pay a surcharge locally.