TL 250 improvements

frozenlatino

Keep reading about an magazine article about modifying TL250 frame... cutting down tubes and changing rake... been googling to death the world wide web with no luck...does anyone have a jpg or have that info available to share? seems there is a lot of information for the TL125's  but it seems like the TL250 is the ******* kid:-)

• 2 months later...

I knows the article, but can't find it.....

To get better handling in trials sections , I had longer shocks on the rear ( NJB from my TLR200 ) and put the fork legs a little through the yokes.... It was still a long and heavy bike, more pre65 than twinshock, but I had a lot of fun on it, sold it because of changing to TLR250...   

TL250.jpg

Edited by hendrik
  • Like 1

Done  moving the forks up in the triple clamps, replaced foot pegs... for sure a lot less weight with the new pegs...  broke one of the side panels for the 5th time... tired of fixing them so decided to build my own base /side panel unit.. just started today that's with the 2nd layer of fiberglass.. plan to do 4 more layers... next in the agnda do the extender on the clutch arm.....

I guess i need to move pics some place else...

oner_side.thumb.JPG.a27ec920d08d1c7999db34d4eec4c0fe.JPGneweight_comparison.thumb.JPG.e93afcec9c44296a1642e204fad4c652.JPGtop_base.thumb.JPG.82ca1396a9b2127035c4fad2c217cacb.JPGL_side.thumb.JPG.1d5349e0889f8b0d355be05983a39561.JPG

comparison.thumb.JPG.3d45ec4949efb7130c5a9856427ae34d.JPG

installed.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

leftSide.thumb.JPG.eebc02b5c5972ba737664ff769300388.JPG

Well finished the fiberglass project... been a learning experience:-) 

Planning on building a 2nd one. I didn't  use a hard surface for the fiberglass to sit on , my first mistake... I had plastic wrap so there is some waves.. and use filler to take waves out..

I was going to put on high density foam for a seat...  but after riding it for a while seems that is fine...

• Like 2