2013 txt 250 pro

gaz12349

I've got a 2005 montesa 4rt. I find the 05 mont hyper sensitive on the front, the clutch is like a switch, the engine breaking on this particular year is very harsh and the suspension isn't as plush as a lot of the 2ts feel which makes the bike feel heavy. I've tried to give the bike a chance but it's not for me. I'm looking at getting a 2013 250 txt pro once I've sold the mont. What are they like? Any particular things to look out for? 

They're a really good bike,much lighter,  ,, more responsive,steer well.The clutches rattle till you pull the lever in,the kickstart mechanism is weak but not too difficult or expensive to replace when they break.Suspension linkage needs frequent greasing,clutch can drag if the plates swell up which shows up as a heavy lever pull.They clunk changing 4th to 5th which gets worse on high hour bikes.Anything else is wear and tear which affect all bikes.Buy the best condition one you can find,rather than a cheap one that needs work

• Like 2

A friend has a 2013 Gas Gas Pro and the main bearings were replaced twice, tank is soft and leaky and the idler gear bearing fell apart damaging the primary and clutch gear teeth.

I have a 2005 4RT and like it as well as my 2007 Sherco and 2007 Gas Gas. I think the Showa suspension is better but prefer the lighter 2 strokes for competing. I also like the grabbier clutch of the Montesa and Sherco over the Gas Gas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sectionone said:

A friend has a 2013 Gas Gas Pro and the main bearings were replaced twice, tank is soft and leaky and the idler gear bearing fell apart damaging the primary and clutch gear teeth.

I have a 2005 4RT and like it as well as my 2007 Sherco and 2007 Gas Gas. I think the Showa suspension is better but prefer the lighter 2 strokes for competing. I also like the grabbier clutch of the Montesa and Sherco over the Gas Gas.

Thanks for the info. I've got a low hour 2013 250 pro lined up for sale once I sell my mont. It's been serviced by the right people and has had light use. I hate the clutch on the 05 4rt. Especially in streams. I find I have to slip the clutch because it feels like the bike wants to run away soon as I release pressure from the lever. That added on top of the hyper sensitive steering it makes riding the bike a handful. However blatting through the woods on trails it's awesome. But overall I find it much more difficult to ride than my old 2006 sherco 290 and I've always wanted a gasgas (never owned one) so it's time to try one.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, huski said:

Change the gearbox oil often on a Gas gas,it lubes the main bearings too.

How often? I usually do the mont every 25 hours. Book says every 15 but the oil is almost £30 a liter and find no difference running it that extra longer.