2006 Gas Gas TXT 250 Pro. Do i need to bleed the clutch?

thesaint

My 2006 Gas Gas TXT 250 Pro have been standing unused for the last 2 or 3 years. 

I have  not tried to start the bike since it is stored down the basement.

So when the engine is not running and i put it in gear and pull the clutch handle it is like the clutch is not engaged at all. Note that clutch lever have normal resistance when pulled and do feel okay 

Will i have to bleed the clutch or will the clutch start to operate like normal after i have used the bike a little? 

Before any writes that it is only to take it outside and check it the bike the bike is parked for the winter and i would also have to move hole lot of stuff to get the bike outside  

Another thing i wish was better is the short travel of the kickstart on the Gas Gas TXT bikes and especially on my 2005 TXT 125 Pro

Edited by thesaint

Could be your clutch plates are stuck together. This can happen when oil soaked friction linings are left under the spring pressure of the clutch for a long period. It might help if you leave it stored for long periods with the clutch lever clamped hard up to the handlebar to take the pressure off the clutch pack. (The downside is this leaves compressed springs which some say can have a weakening effect on them). The gas gas is a unique clutch with a diaphragm spring not traditional coil springs so not sure if that’s still a concern. It probably will free off once you get to start it, but if you really want to free it off beforehand you can drain the oil & separate the clutch pack manually on the bench. No need to bleed it, the slave cylinder is part of the clutch cover, so the hydraulic system stays intact. If you’ve space you can lay the bike on its side to avoid draining oil. There’s plenty of videos out there showing how to strip the gas gas clutch,( Jim snell in USA is the guru on those bikes, look out for his videos) it really isn’t complex.