Brits in Trial GP / Trial GP overall

NAD1

4 hours ago, baldilocks said:

Skiers in the states tried to get the snowboard banned when was first invented. It appears more popular with younger people than skis. Snowboard parks are now common in ski resorts and are far removed from the original concept of who could ski down a hill the quickest.

Now people use skis in the snowboard parks.

You may not be sure change is the answer but the status quo isn't working in terms of young riders or sales for manufacturers. Football and F1 continually  change their rules. I would argue the original concept of reliability trials was just to see if the bike got round the course. Sections as we know them were not the original concept.

No minority group insists on playing with a 1960s ball or boots. Nobody turns up at an F1 track in a 1980 ferrari and then asks for the rules to be reversed back to how they were when the car was competitive. 

As a minority sport setting off in different directions has been a mistake. The original concept of pre 65 being cheaper is long gone and people now invest modern bike sums in bikes made by factories that no longer exist.

Our splinter groups need to reform back into a single group with an acceptance of others under a ser of rules that can be reliably observed with sections to suit. So not no stop with turns you can't get round for example.

All  good points BUT  as you point out things change well the trials concept can not or it will cease to be trials.  you  ride between 2 sets of flags loosing marks along the way or not  ! you point out Pre 65 do they still not ride between 2 sets of flags still trials. But  ride between 2 sets of flags no observer it becomes enduro or moto cross, Rules are in place but this is part of the problem  with WTC & BTC  riders going watching know the rules but not seeing them being implemented !  the young riders  copy/ ride like there heros at club level sulk when they get a 5 for doing the same thing !, We All seem to worry about the wrong things in trials  cash/sponsorship ,getting young riders into the sport  BUT what need to really  worry about are  Officials to run clubs ,observe take ,entrys  put flags in etc all volunteers( amature ) ,   BUT what do we have 6 pages of lack of sponsorship /cash to keep rides in WTC /BTC   prioritys need to change  !  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

youve just avoided admitting you are wrong again, by using loads of different aspects gb when we are taliking GP etc etc.

Your argument/viewpoint is an incoherent shambles and not worth the effort.

My main disagereement is your castigation of decent lads riding trials at wtc level, whatever class.

Ive come across hundreds of wtc riders, some arrogant some awkward some cheating riders, but never one from the UK or anywhere who thought the sport owes them a living and you just wont name the riders you say that applies to, I can only assume cos you know your statement was false and wont back track and admit your mistake?

OK IM WRONG YOUR 100% RIGHT SO  WHAT EVER YOU SAY  HAPPY now Nigel  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GB ridders will be at WTC or not i really dont care !!!! make a living from it or not  I really dont care !!!  BTC will be great  I  really dont care !!   WHY coz non of it effects me and my life  !          

Edited by on it

18 minutes ago, on it said:

OK IM WRONG YOUR 100% RIGHT SO  WHAT EVER YOU SAY  HAPPY now Nigel  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GB ridders will be at WTC or not i really dont care !!!! make a living from it or not  I really dont care !!!  BTC will be great  I  really dont care !!   WHY coz non of it effects me and my life  !          

If none of it affects your life why would you say such a horrible thing in the first place, im guessing you voted for brexit too.

1 hour ago, Intotrials said:

Yes, indoor maybe but maybe outdoor as well? The WTC is already extreme just by its nature maybe the only evolution for the survival of trials in general is to split it off? I'm thinking of ways to make it appealing to the youngsters without also losing the tradition. 

I see, needs some thought. My off the cuff is 1) rules need sorting and a concensus agreed 2) the whole financial aspect needs to be organised, as does the promotion and admin of the events.

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

If none of it affects your life why would you say such a horrible thing in the first place, im guessing you voted for brexit too.

GROW UP YOU SAD MAN YOUR SHOWING YOURSELF UP NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!  Dose Dabble or Price leaving WTC  have anything to do with me ? dose it affect my life ? dose it pay my bills ?  Plus you can guess how i voted ? thats pathetic! & I really dont care !!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by on it

8 hours ago, on it said:

All  good points BUT  as you point out things change well the trials concept can not or it will cease to be trials.  you  ride between 2 sets of flags loosing marks along the way or not  ! you point out Pre 65 do they still not ride between 2 sets of flags still trials. But  ride between 2 sets of flags no observer it becomes enduro or moto cross, Rules are in place but this is part of the problem  with WTC & BTC  riders going watching know the rules but not seeing them being implemented !  the young riders  copy/ ride like there heros at club level sulk when they get a 5 for doing the same thing !, We All seem to worry about the wrong things in trials  cash/sponsorship ,getting young riders into the sport  BUT what need to really  worry about are  Officials to run clubs ,observe take ,entrys  put flags in etc all volunteers( amature ) ,   BUT what do we have 6 pages of lack of sponsorship /cash to keep rides in WTC /BTC   prioritys need to change  !  

The problem with the lack of officials may well be pre65 / twinshock which has extended the riding career of riders into their late 60s. At what point have they had their turn and will stop riding in order to observe ? At one point people who stopped riding then contributed to the sport but not now. 

As for the number of pages if we remove your ongoing  debate with dabster that will half the thread length will it not ?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

The problem with the lack of officials may well be pre65 / twinshock which has extended the riding career of riders into their late 60s. At what point have they had their turn and will stop riding in order to observe ? At one point people who stopped riding then contributed to the sport but not now. 

As for the number of pages if we remove your ongoing  debate with dabster that will half the thread length will it not ?

Another  very good point ! you and all will be very happy to know im done with it all  !

11 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

So its ok to slag off WTC but youve never actually been, thats a bit daft.

I think in its current format it's not working and i don't like it . I don't need to travel hundreds of miles and get fleeced at the gate to be bored by an irrelevant show. 

It's just my opinion , I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else , just chipping in my thoughts , i thought that's what forums were for ? Or is it who shouts loudest is always right these days ? 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, motorcycleemptyness said:

I think in its current format it's not working and i don't like it . I don't need to travel hundreds of miles and get fleeced at the gate to be bored by an irrelevant show. 

It's just my opinion , I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else , just chipping in my thoughts , i thought that's what forums were for ? Or is it who shouts loudest is always right these days ? 

I do agree that the current format needs review. But trials is one of my life long passions and I like to support it in anyway I can, at all levels, regardless of whether I agree with or like the format. I want trials to survive and prosper, I want the Domestic, European and World championships to survive and prosper! 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 7:51 PM, baldilocks said:

I think all riders regardless of age and experience should contribute something, at least now and then, towards their clubs and events. Club trials is a cheap amateur motor sport, which relies on volunteers to organise events. Its very disappointing to see the same folk week in week out helping out, while at the same time the same folk just turning up to ride then sometimes moaning about the event!

I've been riding for 40 years at all levels, I often give up my ride to help organise and or observe at events, its the least I can do for all the effort people have made for me over the years!

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, motorcycleemptyness said:

Forums are for many things, it allows those with no hands on experience to promote opinions. In this case to base your opinion on heresay or what "you think or summise" is fair enough but simply not factually correct.

Whoever shouts in a debate has lost the argument surely?

And as if to prove my point I've never been fleeced, in fact more often than not got in for free. So there you go...........

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, nigel dabster said:

And as if to prove my point I've never been fleeced, in fact more often than not got in for free. So there you go...........

£30 is not a lot of money to pay to attend a professional sporting event these days. I know people who pay more than that to watch a 90 minute game of football, that's often a pile of rubbish. So even if you had to pay full price on the gate at a world event, I wouldn't consider it being fleeced anyhow! 

Its everybody to their own, I guess 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, nigel dabster said:

Forums are for many things, it allows those with no hands on experience to promote opinions. In this case to base your opinion on heresay or what "you think or summise" is fair enough but simply not factually correct.

Whoever shouts in a debate has lost the argument surely?

???- must remember not to have an opinion that differs to the master .

Merry Christmas. 

• Like 1