Brits in Trial GP / Trial GP overall

NAD1

On 12/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, Intotrials said:

£30 is not a lot of money to pay to attend a professional sporting event these days. I know people who pay more than that to watch a 90 minute game of football, that's often a pile of rubbish. So even if you had to pay full price on the gate at a world event, I wouldn't consider it being fleeced anyhow! 

Its everybody to their own, I guess 

and yet many complain about a £10 ACU licence (registration) for trials.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, motorcycleemptyness said:

???- must remember not to have an opinion that differs to the master .

Merry Christmas. 

Its not having a difference of opinion to "the master" whomever that may be, its more if you have an opinion back it up with reasoned facts or experience, and surely in a much wider context we have had enough of lies and untruths this past year?

My original strong disagreement with " the sport owes them a living" was a great illustration of an illinformed personal opinion accusing decent young lads trying their best in trials based on nothing, then when asked to actually show why he held that opinion unable to put a coherent reasoned argument together and refusing to name the riders he was pointing at.

9 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Its not having a difference of opinion to "the master" whomever that may be, its more if you have an opinion back it up with reasoned facts or experience, and surely in a much wider context we have had enough of lies and untruths this past year?

My original strong disagreement with " the sport owes them a living" was a great illustration of an illinformed personal opinion accusing decent young lads trying their best in trials based on nothing, then when asked to actually show why he held that opinion unable to put a coherent reasoned argument together and refusing to name the riders he was pointing at.

Having ridden and been involved in motorcycle trials since the mid 1970's i think i have some experience and knowledge of the subject in question.  My opinion is based on how i see things and may or may not be different to yours and or others . That in itself does not make it right or wrong. If my opinion does not match with yours then so be it , it's how i see things based on the knowledge and experience i have .

Your issue across several platforms is that you seem to have this desire to prove everyone wrong and yourself right . That's your perogative , it doesn't bother me in the slightest , i actually think it's quite funny , and observe many who  regularly throw you a bone and watch you chase it . 

This of course is merely my opinion and bound to be wrong , but let's not fall out about it . Life is too short for that .

Yours in sport ?

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, motorcycleemptyness said:

Having ridden and been involved in motorcycle trials since the mid 1970's i think i have some experience and knowledge of the subject in question.  My opinion is based on how i see things and may or may not be different to yours and or others . That in itself does not make it right or wrong. If my opinion does not match with yours then so be it , it's how i see things based on the knowledge and experience i have .

Your issue across several platforms is that you seem to have this desire to prove everyone wrong and yourself right . That's your perogative , it doesn't bother me in the slightest , i actually think it's quite funny , and observe many who  regularly throw you a bone and watch you chase it . 

This of course is merely my opinion and bound to be wrong , but let's not fall out about it . Life is too short for that .

Yours in sport ?

Your opinoin is bound to be wrong when based on no clear evidence, feelings and supposition are no substitute for facts and actual experience, in this case going to several WTC and seeing first hand what its like. Knowledge if you prefer.

Perfectly illustrated by your "fleeced" comment. And the fact I rarely comment on the SSDT, cos Ive only been a couple of times to Fort William.

I'm glad that you think its funny that I dont respect comments like " riders think the sport owes them a living" and prefer to challenge such sweeping untruths. But thats my perogative.

I certainly dont have a desire to prove anyone wrong, but if i think someones coming from an opinion/feeling position rather than factual i'll call them out. Several times chasing that bone waiting for them to back it up, (which you couldnt) and now feel it better to avoid admitting an error resorting to vague personal insults. Twice.

But thats your entitled opinion, but lets not fall out..

Edited by nigel dabster

10 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Your opinoin is bound to be wrong when based on no clear evidence, feelings and supposition are no substitute for facts and actual experience, in this case going to several WTC and seeing first hand what its like. Knowledge if you prefer.

Perfectly illustrated by your "fleeced" comment. And the fact I rarely comment on the SSDT, cos Ive only been a couple of times to Fort William.

I'm glad that you think its funny that I dont respect comments like " riders think the sport owes them a living" and prefer to challenge such sweeping untruths. But thats my perogative.

I certainly dont have a desire to prove anyone wrong, but if i think someones coming from an opinion/feeling position rather than factual i'll call them out. Several times chasing that bone waiting for them to back it up, (which you couldnt) and now feel it better to avoid admitting an error resorting to vague personal insults. Twice.

But thats your entitled opinion, but lets not fall out..

Don't worry Andrew , we won't :)