Sherpa 199A Cylinder Head

midgy

Hi guys,

I Have recently acquired a 199A.  The cylinder head has two spark plug tapped and drilled holes, one pointing towards front and one pointing to the rear.  The usual central spark plug hole has not been drilled or tapped.  This is different to an earlier 199A I owned.  The combustion chamber is also a completely different shape to my earlier model.  Has anybody any ideas why this is the case?  Perhaps the head is off a Pursang for some reason?  The barrel is stamped 199A so that seems correct. Thanks.

Hi Bully, Thanks for your comment. My other 199A has a pre-drilled and tapped hole for a decompressor (now fitted), but came with a screw-in blanking plug which I think was original equipment in 1979.  I think I will get a local engineering shop to drill and tap the central part where the spark plug should be and install a decompressor and a spark plug in the other two holes. I will likely have to live with the probable Pursang head and hope it runs ok. (I have not yet run the engine)

• Like 1