Vertigo clutch side reassembly

hectorwilson

I have a 2017 250 fajardo replica and the kickstart stop pins had fallen out of place in my clutch side and had lodged themselves in between various places in the case, thank god no major damage was done, however with new ones installed I’m trying to put it back together with no luck, especially from the kickstart assembly, any tips or tricks or do I need to take the clutch basket out, and if so how?

thanks in advance

Hey Hector, look in this parts book (2017 250s...  all the clutches are the same)...

http://www.vertigomotors.com/archivos/downloads/parts_book_combat_camo_works_250cc_2017.pdf

Anyhow, are you saying the plastic pins that's Number 12 on page 17?  When you are putting it back together, you'll have to rock the kickstart shaft back and forth, unless you didn't get the gears clocked in right.  Can you take a couple of pictures?

Yes I have replaced the parts you have specified, however on my model they are aluminium, I am struggling with the kickstart spring, I assume I need to do a full rotation of the spring in order for the assembly to work, and the only logical way I can do this is by removing the clutch basket, I’ll find some pictures

Hi Hector, if you are going to remove the clutch basket, beware the clutch centre is a tight fit on the splined primary shaft and needs a puller to remove it. The clutch centre has a threaded centre to allow you to screw in a matching bolt that extracts it from the basket. Be sure to remove the centre screw first, preferably not with a rounded ball end allen key. I don't remember the thread form, something like 18x 1.25, was a fine thread.