GasGas TXT 250 2020 or 2021??

mtinwhis

Looking at purchasing a new GasGas TXT 250 and was wondering if anybody could tell me the major differences between the 2020 model year and the 2021 model year.  I can pick up a brand new 2020 at a discounted price, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything big on waiting a month and picking up the 2021 model year for a little extra cash.  My dealer didn't have much info so I was hoping you gents could help out!!! Much appreciated!! 

It's not that I'm likely to notice the difference anyways as I am a fairly novice rider to begin with, but now that KTM is in charge I was curious to see if they may have improved any parts to concern reliability.  

Thanks in advance!

Not too sure on major changes

i know they have different axels on them, meant to be a bit lighter

build quality of the new bikes (including 2020) seems a lot better even down to the nuts and bolts used since KTM took over.

resale value a 2020 is now worth less than a 2021 as its older so the purchase price new will reflect this.

new 2021 looks very pretty in white i must say 

Think its different decals basically same model. I have a friend who is an engineer that has rebuilt hundreds of bike engines and gearboxes over the years and recently rebuilt a 19 GG and said he was impressed  with the mechanical changes. I rode a 2020 GP for a while this year and I was very impressed with the bike coming from a vertigo.  Im not sure the reiger is better than the ohlins if that's what's on the racing model where you are. Would recommend one in a heartbeat. 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:22 AM, marky dee said:

Why not a TRRS ???

TRRS and Vertigo look super nice, but I can pick up the 2020 Gasser for $3k less and a 2021 for $2k less.  

Thanks for the feedback!  Seems the consensus is that there is very little difference in the 2020 to 2021 model year.  I grabbed a good deal on the 2020 TXT250 and saved myself a little cash for some bling.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

On 12/6/2020 at 2:47 AM, mtinwhis said:

TRRS and Vertigo look super nice, but I can pick up the 2020 Gasser for $3k less and a 2021 for $2k less.  

Thanks for the feedback!  Seems the consensus is that there is very little difference in the 2020 to 2021 model year.  I grabbed a good deal on the 2020 TXT250 and saved myself a little cash for some bling.  

Absolutely, buy the 2020

• Like 1